The title for the 2019 Ian Noble Essay Prize is:
“In a global workforce crisis, how do we ensure our workforce can meet the population’s healthcare needs?”
Submissions must be received by email@example.com by 23:59 on 21st September 2019.
The HLA Essay Prize is an individual award which is open to applications from:
- Medical, Nursing or Allied Health Professional Students
- Foundation Year doctors (or those taking a break between completing FY2 and commencing core/specialty training)
- Professionals on the NMC or HCPC registers within two years of qualification
Applicants must be registered with the HLA.
Submissions must not have been:
- entered elsewhere for any other award
- presented at national or international conferences
Submissions may be up to 1,500 words in length and should use Vancouver referencing.
The author’s name and position should be stated underneath the title.
Submissions will be scored using a standardised marking scheme, considering:
- Knowledge and understanding
- Use of evidence base/research
- Structure of argument
- Novelty of ideas.
They must be received by firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 on 21st September 2019 (GMT).
The winner will be given the opportunity to present their work at The HLA National Conference on Thursday 12th December 2019, and will be presented with a certificate. Their essay will be published on The Leadership Blog and promoted across social media. Additionally, they will have the opportunity to make a HLA course, and receive one year’s free subscription to Medics.Academy.
2nd and 3rd place entrants will receive one year’s free subscription to Medics.Academy.
The results will be announced in late October, so please keep 12th December free and register for the conference (the conference registration fee will be reimbursed for the winner).